On 20/03/2019 15:44, Igal Sapir wrote:
> On 3/19/2019 6:34 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> I actually enjoy refactoring code so I'd be happy to help with (b) or
>>> (c) if either is chosen.
>>
>> Thanks. I'll leave the thread open for a few days to see what folks
>> think.
>>
>> I have a lot of the trivial fixes sat in a local branch so it will be
>> the 'fun' ones that will need to be completed.
>
> Sounds good.
>
> Working on tasks like that will make me more familiar with the source
> code and prepare me for tackling bigger issues in the future, so it can
> be beneficial beyond just completing the tasks.

No-one else spoke up and I am one of those people who prefers to see
warning free code (mainly because when I get things wrong the warnings
that appear help me figure out I did something wrong) so I've gone ahead
and applied the 'easy' generics fixes I had locally.

>From memory, code the went anywhere near PStmtKey (and there are two of
them just for fun) got quite tricky to add generics to. If you want an
interesting problem to tackle that might be a good place to start. I
have been using the equivalent code in the DBCP 2.0 tag as a guide.

I planning on working on this as well as time allows. I'll commit
regularly to reduce the change of duplicating effort.