Yoav Shapira wrote:
Hi,

On 12/5/06, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm not talking about
import A;

I'm talking about simply using A in the JSP

<%=A.test()%> without using an import,

This doesn't work, cause our JSP page gets packaged as
org.apache.jsp.<directory> and our code adds that before it tries to
resolve A

I apologize, I guess I wasn't clear ;)

First of all, this is not new stuff at all.  It's been in our FAQ
(http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/classnotfound.html) for at least a
couple of years.  What made you bring it up now?
Just ran into an issue where this was the case, made me look into the code to see how A got resolved,
basically, it tries to load org.apache.jsp.<directory>.A.
if A was not identified by a import statement and sits in a package.
This is an app that runs om Tomcat 3, where it is working just dandy :)

I hadn't realized that it had changed on the javac level to not work on this, thanks for pointing it out.

In your example, what does "simply using A in the JSP" mean?  What
does it look like in the compiled servlet that the JSP is turned into?
You have to resolve it to *some* package.  Are you saying the current
code assigns a default org.apache.jsp package *before* doing this
resolving?  I doubt that's the case, or everyone's beans that are not
in org.apache.jsp would break...
Nope, just if it doesn't belong in a package already. Then it will guess that the prefix should be the package that the JSP is in.

I'm over it, scratch everything I said, this conversation never happened.
Filip