Chris,

Igal,

On 4/25/19 14:42, Igal Sapir wrote:
On 4/25/2019 11:30 AM, Coty Sutherland wrote:
If you clone a single branch with no references such as `git
clone apache/tomcat -b master --single-branch` then you get just
the references/history for the master branch which results in
about a 70M .git directory.
So one needs to consider whether that added layer of complexity is
worth the savings of 30M disk space, even when multiplied over 3
branches. Imagine the reclaimed space after deleting the local SVN
directories ;)
For Tomcat 8.5.x @ r1852558:

$ du -hs .svn/
  41M   .svn/

Interesting.  Maybe the tomcat-site SVN repo threw me off.  I didn't bother to look at the breakdown of the project and the site:

    E:\Workspace\svn\tomcat\tomcat
    > du -sh .
    85M

    E:\Workspace\svn\tomcat\tomcat