On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 7:33 PM Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Yes, I'm right now playing with it.
> For a little more background and overview I've written up a blog post:
>
> https://struberg.wordpress.com/2019/05/06/the-way-forward-for-jakartaee-packages/
>
> I've also already started to migrate a few spec packages.
> The current work in progress is available here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/jakarta/
>
> I've already test-migrated over Apache OpenWebBeans CDI container.
> Of course with TCK and servlet integration disabled for now as Arquillian
> and Tomcat first needs to be ported.
> https://github.com/struberg/openwebbeans/tree/jakarta
>
> I'm right now tinkering with Tomcat.
> And boy, tomcat has way more dependencies than I'd like.
> And it would help if it would finally be migrated to use Maven, but I
> spare you that ;)
>
> As soon as I've something decently working then I'll share!

Just so that things are clear, I think I am against any jakarta.* related
changes in Tomcat 9. It will stay on JakartaEE 8 no matter what, so it can
use javax.* and it should stay that way since this means guaranteed zero
impact for users. As is customary, the next major Tomcat version would
however have support for the next relevant specifications, so that in turn
would have to be jakarta.* (unless things change). I am not so sure this
next version would need dual support at all, but this is completely
undecided at this point. And I agree with Mark (T) that there are too many
unknowns and it's too early to make a decision.

Rémy