Am 17.06.2019 um 18:56 schrieb Mark Thomas:
Hi,

I'm starting to look at OCSP stapling for our OpenSSL based connectors
and I suspect a Tomcat Native release will be required. Even if it isn't
for this, it has been a while since the last Tomcat Native release so I
expect we'll need to do one fairly soon anyway.

The complication is the svn:external that picks up the
org.apache.tomcat.jni package from 9.0.x. Now 9.0.x has moved to git,
this no longer works.

I looked at a workaround using the "GitHub makes itself look like svn"
but that timed out for the Tomcat repo. I suspect due to size.

I then looked at Git based solutions. sub-modules and sub-trees look to
be the two options. Of the two, sub-trees looks better:
- it is more suited to "read-only" importing
- it doesn't require any additional commands to populate the imported
   code

However, using sub-trees means moving Tomcat-Native to git. Before I
start a formal vote to do so, are there any objections?

The process would be:
- ensure git mirror is up to date
- break the svn->git mirror
- start using git
- update web site etc
- move svn code to archive

Given how the migration of the main repos went, I'm not expecting any
major issues.

+1

Rainer