On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:21 AM Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org> wrote:

> In the native code, it crashes on:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat-native/blob/master/native/src/ssl.c#L635
>
> I modified the code to:
>     double d = (((double)(rand()%RAND_MAX)/RAND_MAX)*(h-l));
>     apr_snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%.0f", d);
>
> And it cores on the apr_snprintf. I don't see how it is unsafe though.
>
> Ok, going back to it on Monday, things are magically going better
(summary: everything works fine). The problem is "simply" that "--static"
doesn't provide a working native image when using TLS. The problem also
actually occurs with JSSE as well (since the EC support is also an external
JNI library).

Note: Not being able to statically link ties the native image to the
platform it is built on (= not good for cloud in some cases, unless the
target is good enough to build the binary), so that's not great and TLS
becomes non viable in many cases.

Rémy