Permalink to this page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/gCklBg
This FAQ is maintained by the Tomcat Committers. The content for this FAQ is usually discovered by lurking in the tomcat-user list. If you wish to make a comment about the FAQ, make the comment on the tomcat-user list. Do not e-mail any of the committers directly and do not e-mail the tomcat-dev list. (Unless other people liked your suggestion and it was accidentally missed by the committers who read the tomcat-user list) Emailing the tomcat-user list will allow a larger audience to immediately learn and critique your findings.
- How did Tomcat get its name?
- How do I contribute a question?
How did Tomcat get its name?
He (James Duncan Davidson) came up with "Tomcat" since the animal represented something that could take care of itself and fend for itself. That's how he came up with the name.
How do I contribute a question?
- Make sure the question has been asked more than once
- Make sure the answer(s) given are correct
- Select the right FAQ section in Confluence
- Edit Confluence, keeping to the existing format and layout
- Add your question to the list at the start of the page
- Don't forget to add an anchor to the start of your answer