Thanks to everyone that has expressed an opinion so far. If you have a
view and you wish to express it, now is the time to do so.

I've read through all the responses to date and my reading of those

- A has strong support but also one strongly against
- B has low support and several against
- C has moderate support but several concerns about Jakarta EE 10 timing
- D has moderate to strong support

Option E was also proposed but did collect wider support

The strong objection to A suggested either B or a variation on C/D as
acceptable alternatives.

The 10.0.0.0-M1 vote has been running for 3+ working days and this
thread for 1+ working days.

As previously stated, I'm happy to *briefly* delay the first Tomcat 10
milestone but I really don't want to delay more than a few days. Of
course, if the PMC members feel I am rushing this release unnecessarily
then there is always the option to vote against the release.

Given all of the above, I propose to do the following:

- Cancel the 10.0.0.0-M1 release vote
- Give this thread until 10.00 UTC 13-Feb-2020 (just over 72 hours from
  when it started) to collect additional views
- Assuming (and it is a big assumption) that additional views expressed
  are broadly consistent with the views expressed to date, tag 10.0.0-M1
  and start a release vote.
- If the additional views expressed are not broadly consistent with the
  views expressed to date (or people change their minds) then we'll have
  to assess where we are at the end of 72 hours and figure out a plan to
  move forward at that point.

This approach rules out options A, B & E but leaves us free to choose
between C, D or a variation at a later point when we can make that
choice with a better idea of Jakarta EE 9 adoption rates, Jakarta EE 10
plans, etc.

Mark