пт, 21 февр. 2020 г. в 12:52, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

> All,
>
> This has been mentioned in various threads and I don't recall any
> objections. I think it is time for a vote so we can formally announce this.
>
> Announce the EOL date for 7.0.x as 31 March 2021
>
> [x] Yes
> [ ] No, because...

I feel a bit uncomfortable with the date.
Looking into e-mail archives, one of previous e-mails [1] ("Re:
Release Schedule", Aug 14 2019) gave a guess of "end of June 2021".

Though with release schedule of "once in 6 months" there is not much
difference between the dates.

Even if we announce EOL to be at the end of March, if we will want to
make an additional release in the following 3 months it is likely to
be easy to do so (with all download pages etc. still being in place).

Our previous EOLs: [2]
8.0.x: 30 June 2018
6.0.x: 31 December 2016
5.5.x: 30 September 2012

[1] https://markmail.org/message/6xopwtoht257zxgu
[2]:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-80-eol.html
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-60-eol.html
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-55-eol.html

пн, 24 февр. 2020 г. в 19:37, Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>:

> Debian 8 is the last release to ship Tomcat 7 and the extended support
> will end in June 2020.
>
> Ubuntu 16.04 LTS also has Tomcat 7 and support will stop in April 2021.
>
> The proposed date looks good to me.

Thank you for the dates.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko