Hi all,

The Gump project has reached the point where Tomcat is the only ASF
project using it. The Gump community is currently discussing options for
the future.

One of those options is status quo which would have no impact on us.

Another option is the attic. If that were to happen, the vmgump service
would potentially go away. vmgump has been very useful to the Tomcat
community. It seems to have a knack of finding concurrency bugs. It
also, recently, found a regression in OpenSSL master enabling us to get
that fixed.

If gump heads to the attic is the Tomcat community prepared to:

a) take over the management of the vmgump service?

b) take over the maintenance of the gump code (occasionally code changes
   are required like when Maven Central started to require https)

In reality I do most of a) and b) already and I would continue doing so
if they moved to Tomcat.

Note that all of this is hypothetical at this point. The Gump PMC has
not made a decision yet.

Thoughts?