Am 2020-04-24 um 01:45 schrieb Michael Osipov:
Folks,

I run test from Tomcat master and libtcnative master on FreeBSD, RHEL 7 and HP-UX 11.31 on a regular basis and noticed that the OpenSSL 1.0.2 packages provided by Red Hat and HPE are modified which make several tests fail. See an excerpt here [1]. To verify this I have compiled OpenSSL from OpenSSL_1_0_2-stable on FreeBSD w/o any modification and all tests pass, so other must have modified OpenSSL.

What is our position in terms of support/testing for modified OpenSSL packages from OS vendors? Should we add a big fat warning somewhere? Add this to tcnative README that we test/recommend upstream only?

[1] http://home.apache.org/~michaelo/issues/openssl-tests/

I have now managed to installed OpenSSL 1.1.1 from OS vendor. It contains modifications too: http://home.apache.org/~michaelo/issues/openssl-1.1.1-tests/hpux/