Am 2020-05-29 um 14:05 schrieb Mark Thomas:
Hi,

Currently we use the (very old) Maven Ant Tasks to upload files to
Nexus. This has a hard-coded feature that adds MD5 and SHA-1 hashes for
every uploaded file. It also adds hashes for .asc files.

I investigated manually adding .sha256 and .sha512 files. This works, bu
the upload process still adds .md5 and .sha1 files for the .sha256 and
.sha512 files. This is workable but not ideal.

I am currently investigating the possibility of switching to the newer
Maven Resolver Ant Tasks. This is a work in progress. It has a LOT more
dependencies and the default behaviour is unchanged. I am currently
looking at the source to see if the behaviour could be configured.

In amongst all of this I had a thought. What if we just made a binary
patch to the Maven Ant Tasks to switch it from creating MD5 and SHA-1
hashes to creating SHA-256 and SHA-512 hashes? At first glance this
looks to be a small tweak to a single class that should be doable with
BCEL (a bit like a very targetted Jakarta Migration Tool). Is this a
terrible idea? I wanted to get some feedback on this while I continued
to look at the Maven Resolver Ant Tasks.

I need to add a few lines here since I maintain Maven Resolver these days. So no need to patch anything, we can work upstream. We have/had these requests recently for SHA-2 family of hashes. What hold me off is that Nexus before 2.14.18 did reject SHA-2 hashes for Central. Moreover, you cannot omit MD5 and SHA-1 for Central because they are mandatory, you won't pass evaluation on repository.a.o. Regarding the JARs, I do use Maven Resolver Ant Tasks too at work to customize Tomcat distributin for several OSes and there is a single JAR you can use: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/resolver/maven-resolver-ant-tasks/1.2.0/maven-resolver-ant-tasks-1.2.0-uber.jar

I would not recommend committing it due to the size, but simply require it to be in ~/.ant or in ANT_HOME.

When Aether has been adopted from Eclipse, license has also changed from EPL to AL. I see no issues here.

WDYT?