To be clear, it's not necessarily having _all of a package_. It's more
about all the reachable class references. For instance jdeps looks at
classes and finds any reachable references. So does bnd for calculating
OSGi metadata.

So the issue is not really about packages, it's about having missing class
references and whether those should be elided in configuration, or simple
fixed in packaging (which again does not necessarily mean full packages :)

- Ray