Rémy,

wrote:

> Rémy,
>
> On 7/8/20 10:35, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 4:26 PM Christopher Schultz
>> <ch...@christopherschultz.net
>> <mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net>
>> <mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net

>>> digester.addObjectCreate(prefix + "Context/CookieProcessor",

>>> "className"); digester.addSetProperties(prefix +
>>> "Context/CookieProcessor"); digester.addSetNext(prefix +
>>> "Context/CookieProcessor", "setCookieProcessor",
>>> "org.apache.tomcat.util.http.CookieProcessor");
>>>
>>> digester.addObjectCreate(prefix +

>>> "className"); digester.addSetProperties(prefix +
>>> digester.addSetNext(prefix +
>>> "addSameSiteCookie",
>>> "org.apache.tomcat.util.http.SameSiteCookie");

>> So you are okay with:
>
>> digester.addSetProperties(prefix +
>> "Context/CookieProcessor/SameSiteCookie");
>

>> But not with:
>
>> digester.addCallMethod(prefix +
>> "Context/CookieProcessor/SameSiteCookie/Cookie");
>
>> ?
>

>> The digester works best with beans so I don't see what is so
>> surprising about this.
>
> What's surprising is that you are -1 to what I see as an
> improvement to Tomcat without much in the way of disruption. I
> think it's pretty clean.
>
> Would proposing an actual patch help, or will you still be -1 on
> anything other than a complicated "sameSiteCookies" string value
> which needs to be unpacked by Tomcat code rather than using
> standard XML element/attribute syntax?
>

>> The digester rules I posted add a new SameSiteCookie element I
>> only>> mentioned a complex sameSiteCookies attribute syntax once
>> (I considered it would be better for API compatibility; the
>> CookieProcessor API should not break in Tomcat 9 when things are
>> backported, or the feature would be limited to Tomcat 10) but I
>> didn't mention it again since you did not like it.

I can't tell you if you are saying you'd be -1 to add that new
SameSiteCookie element (because it is "too big a change", or because
it requires "changes to digester configuration"), or that you are -1
to use digester.addCallMethod (because you don't like it), or that you
are -1 to really supporting any improvements to SameSite at all.

Can you clarify?

I won't waste my time if you are going to -1 anything I do, here.

- -chris