On 09/12/2020 15:16, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 09/12/2020 13:36, Graham Leggett wrote:
On 01 Dec 2020, at 14:09, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

Using APR to perform the low-level I/O creates additional risk without
little/no reward. Any performance benefits of using APR are offset
against the associated performance costs of transitioning the JNI boundary.

Although I spend endless hours creating tomcat-native, Mark is
on the spot here. Tomcat-native was designed back in times when
Java was unusable for serving 1K+ connections and APR was
lightweight package. Nowadays modern jdk can handle large
number of connections with acceptable performance, while APR
is expanding its third-party library dependencies which we
will ever need.

 Regards
--
^TM