On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 13:56 -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> >
> > These types of bumps are minor, and I like to test myself in my own
> > envs. So can't hurt to make it available for others to test etc.
>
> +1 on testing that the packages all build in advance of any release,
> just please don't represent these as releases.  Until you see those
> 3 +1's and an announce, they are not.

Sure, I don't call them releases at all. Almost always mention what they
are in logs as well, cvs and package changelog. Nor will I request
stabilization of anything that is not an official release. No stable
alpha's, beta's, etc.

Granted this one I should have tagged _pre, or etc, so it might appear
as a full release. Most people using ~arch on Gentoo, know they are
running unstable where testing and breakage takes place. So it's not
uncommon for snapshot/cvs/svn/dev/alpha/beta/etc stuff to go in there.
Just ideally package name reflects that. Totally my bad with this
one ;)

If it's release soon enough will be moot. Otherwise I will go and rename
package, and remove other one with incorrect name.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java