On March 24, 2021 3:57:47 PM UTC, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>Mark,
>
>On 3/23/21 09:45, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 23/03/2021 13:15, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>> I did a little more digging. There is an assumption in
>JarInputStream
>>> that /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF is either first or only preceded by
>/META-INF/
>>>
>>> I suspect I'm going to need to revert the <jar .../> to <zip .../>
>>> changes. I'm currently looking into alternatives.
>>
>> Aha!
>>
>> There is an undocumented attribute on the Zip task (and hence
>inherited
>> by the Jar task) that can be used to specify the last modified time
>for
>> all Jar entries.
>>
>> I'll revert the <jar .../> to <zip .../> and use this attribute
>instead.
>
>Can a <fileset> type thing also not be given instructions for how to
>order things?
>
>I think if we have e.g.
>
><jar>
>   <fileset [manifest] />
>   <fileset [other stuff] />
></jar>
>
>Then the manifest will definitely be first. Maybe <fileset> can even
>sort its entries explicitly if it doesn't already do so.

Jar has an explicit manifest attribute. That is what we were using prior to the
reproducible build changes and what I have now restored.

I'm not sure to what extent fileset supports control of order in the archive.
So far, file order has always been consistent between runs so I haven't
investigated further. Hopefully I won't need to.