On 26/04/2021 18:49, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:
JAAS, JASPIC and Jakarta Security are all different.

My mistake. I knew JASPIC had a slightly bigger rename than most specs and incorrectly thought it became Jakarta Security. It actually became Jakarta Authentication. All previous references from me in this thread to "Jakarta Security" should be read as "Jakarta Authentication".

Tomcat does not implement Jakarta Security so removing JAAS creates a gap
in my opinion.

I'd second Romain, JASPIC requires a SAM to be implemented by the
application.

Long story short, I'd probably deprecate for 10.x and target a removal for
11.x

In the normal course of things 10.1 would have been 11.0 but we are taking the opportunity align Jakarta EE major version and Tomcat major version as well as have a (much) shorter support lifespan for 10.0 (Jakarta EE 9) as that is seen as a transitional release.

Tomcat 10.1 will implement the usual subset of specs from Jakarta EE 10.

Mark