On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 2:42 PM Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeano...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Actually I was not looking for Mark or the Tomcat community to change their
> minds. But for some guidance on how to hack something to get this test
> to pass.
>
> I've been able to do it in TomEE which was the goal.
> Now, I'm totally with you guys. If this is in your opinion a bad use case
> with a bad specification solution, we should challenge the feature and then
> the test.

The feature is optional, so it's "fine" with me. It allows suggesting a
path to map the webapp, like Jira saying it should be mapped to /jira
because "why not". This is pointless in practice, but since it's optional,
there's nothing to do and I'm fine with it. The problem is then only the
TCK testing for a mandatory optional feature.

Good news on you working around it.

Rémy