All,

Looking ahead to when we will have a 9.10.x branch, the naming of the builds and output directories in buildbot isn't ideal. I'd like to move everything over to the n.n.x naming convention. That would mean the following changes:

tomcat-trunk    -> tomcat-10.1.x
outputs to
tomcat10        -> tomcat-10.1.x

tomcat-9-trunk  -> tomcat-9.0.x
outputs to
tomcat9         -> tomcat-9.0.x

tomcat-85-trunk -> tomcat-8.5.x
outputs to
tomcat85        -> tomcat-8.5.x

tomcat-7-trunk  -> tomcat-7.0.x
outputs to
tomcat7         -> tomcat-7.0.x

Changing the builder name means the build counter will restart at 0.
We can retain the old output directories until we have a reasonable history of builds in the new locations. I've been periodically cleaning out old builds and keeping ~100 old ones and no-one has noticed - well, no-one has complained ;) - so removing the old dirs once we have ~100 builds in the new locations seems reasonable.

Thoughts?