Am 2021-05-26 um 15:25 schrieb Mark Thomas:
On 25/05/2021 17:23, Michael Osipov wrote:

<snip/>

Nice research.

Mark, I don't know when the next APR release will happen, but I consider this to be very annoying. Maybe it makes sense to push 1.2.29 with APR 1.7.1-dev to please Windows users?

I'd prefer to use a released version of APR but failing that we can provide a patch against 1.7.0. If you can add the appropriate patch here:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-native/tree/main/native/srclib/apr

I can include it in the next release.

The change has been committed to apr-1.7.x, here [1] is the changeset, compiled for me nicely several times. Would be good if you could also check at your end.
I will inquire on dev@apr.a.o if someone is willing to perform 1.7.1 soon.

We are close to starting the June releases so if we move quickly on a Tomcat-Native release now, we can included a fixed version of Tomcat Native in the next set of Tomcat releases.

I have also applied by changes (simplifcations) to Tomcat Native, but Mladen objected [2] and asked me to move to a PR to discuss [3], but I am still waiting for an explanation of his objection. The purpose of the change was to simplify and have consistency with the Java code where we don't do such things.
Hopefully we can setttle this before 1.2.29.

[1] https://github.com/apache/apr/commit/2bcd4b3ddb108d16f1c758c00a45de9aef57aa3a [2] https://github.com/apache/tomcat-native/commit/420cd1c159e4f27bb5d2a873dbd1fb7ea5d3473c
[3] https://github.com/apache/tomcat-native/pull/9