> Il giorno 31 mag 2021, alle ore 20:58, Konstantin Kolinko
> <knst.koli...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> Citing from the NOTICE file:
>
> Java compilation software for JSP pages is provided by the Eclipse
> JDT Core Batch Compiler component, which is open source software.

Hello Konstantin, and thank you for the answer. I noticed the ecj jar in the
lib directory so I kind of guessed that ecj was used as a compiler. What I am
looking for is the Tomcat code that invokes ecj, so I can get the exact ecj
invocation parameters and reproduce from the command line what Tomcat does. I
also conjecture that, after compilation of the .java file, some kind of
bytecode manipulation is performed on the resulting class file, e.g., to inject
JSP-specific debug information as SourceDebugExtension attributes. So I want to
read the code and see whether this is true, in the case I need to pinpoint
whether the problem is in ecj or in the (possible) subsequent bytecode
manipulation routines.
Best,
Pietro