Mark,

On 6/9/21 13:14, Mark Thomas wrote:
Mark,

On 6/4/21 13:09, Mark Thomas wrote:
Hi all,

It looks like the mirrors are going to need a little more time for 1.2.30 to replicate before I can update the release branches to use the new release. I also still have a few odds and ends I want to finish off before tagging so it is looking like the tags will happen on Monday 7th June.

Chris, how are you getting on with getting set up to release 8.5.x? Can I help at all?

Let me see what I can accomplish today.

Great. I've just committed a change that will let you build a release on Linux or Windows.

Well, that would have been convenient reading this earlier today :)

The biggest problem for me is getting the fscking Windows environment up and running. I don't have a bare-metal Windows machine, so I'm on VMs for everything. Today I discovered Chocolatey, and I've documented on the Wiki ReleaseProcesss page how you can go from a useless Windows 10 / MS Edge evaluation Virtual Machine to something you can actually work with in two PowerShell commands. Really only 1 PS command, then running the CLI installer for *all* the prerequisites.

The setup steps are rather involved. See:
https://infra.apache.org/digicert-use.html

I'm going to need an updated invitation, unfortunately. I tried to complete my account setup and it says the "action has expired." It's been nearly a month (sorry), so that's not entirely surprising.

Thanks,
-chris