On 31/08/2021 08:07, Gavin McDonald wrote:

<snip/>

Does the above mean that the migration includes necessary changes to
generate this output to nightlies.a.o instead? If so, that is great and
thanks for taking care of this. If not, what do we need to do?

Yes I can take care of the code changes needed.

Great. Many thanks.

Oh, is there an automatic process to remove old content from
nightlies.a.o? If not, we'll need to add one as we (well, I) currently
clean up old logs (the only dir that builds up over time) manually every
few months.

There will be a generic cleanup script that will likely delete old files
over $n days
old if your project folder is over $x GB. Details to be ironed out.

I think though that this is a hammer and not a scalpel and could have
undesired
effects on displayed output. So might be better to create your own cleanup
script
at a later date.

The hammer will be sufficient for our needs. It is only test logs that build up over time (assuming the same directory structure as the current jobs is retained) and deleting everything older than X days will be fine.

One last thing to iron out, where do you want your new config file to live,
in the new
SVN location [1] or the new Git location [2] ?

[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot2/projects
[2] - https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-bb2

I'm going to make a call on this and say git. The reasons are:

- Most of our repos have moved to git
- Using github means we have the option to edit the files via the web
  interface as well as the command line.

Finally, I have a ticket to track progress.

Let me know when I can go ahead.

Please feel free to proceed at your convenience. The CI builds provide a very helpful check on what we are doing but nothing in our process requires them.