+1

To answer the proxy reference: it affects other cases - loading classes
from a "database", proxies is just a well known case I used to illustrate
my point. By contract a classloader is not always an URLClassLoader which
is the assumption of the impl right now. Also CDS changes the perf there
too - a lot when enabled.

Side note: graalvm integration is way easier without that check ;).

Romain Manni-Bucau