Mark,

Thanks for RMing.

On 2/8/23 11:43, Mark Thomas wrote:
Version 1.2.36 includes the following changes compared to 1.2.35

- The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
   1.1.1t and APR 1.7.2

The proposed release artefacts can be found at [1],
and the build was done using tag [2].

The Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.36 release is
  [X] Stable, go ahead and release
  [ ] Broken because of ...

+1 for stable release

All unit tests pass on Debian Linux. I did not run the tests on MacOS.

Some notes:

The README.txt file says that "ant test" is all that is required for testing. This is untrue, as it runs the java compiler which fails on many sources. This is unlikely to be a regression because we haven't used this project for its Java sources for a long time. It is not a blocker for release, but we might want to clean things up for the next release.

Builds without warnings on Debian Linux with gcc 10.2:
configure: APR 1.7.0 detected.
checking OpenSSL library version >= 1.0.2... ok
 (openssl version is 1.1.1n)

Builds without warnings on MacOS x86-64 with clang 12.0.5:
configure: APR 1.7.0 detected.
checking OpenSSL library version >= 1.0.2... ok
 (openssl version is 1.1.1s)

-chris