On 15/03/2023 01:52, Igal Sapir wrote:
Hello,

test/org/apache/catalina/valves/rewrite/TestRewriteValve.java fails with
file not found when a custom tomcat.output directory is specified in
build.properties.

I have the Tomcat source code (main branch) at /workspace/src/tomcat/main
(let's call it <source>), and the following in build.properties:

tomcat.output=/workspace/build/tomcat/main

That setup allows me to have different directories for the different active
versions of Tomcat, where the leaf directory can also be 10.0.x, 9.0.x,
8.5.x, etc, and has been working well for a while.

A recent update to TestRewriteValve works with the default configuration,
but with my setup it fails with a FileNotFoundException. Details below [1].

I can see that with the default configuration the file is loaded
from /workspace/src/tomcat/main/test/conf/TesterRewriteMapB.txt, i.e.
<source>/test/conf/TesterRewriteMapB.txt, but with the custom tomcat.output
the file is searched for at
/workspace/build/tomcat/main/build/test/conf/TesterRewriteMapB.txt, i.e.
<tomcat.output>/build/test/conf/TesterRewriteMapB.txt

Is it possible to specify the file path differently so that it would work
with a custom tomcat.output directory?

I think I have fixed this. Please test and report back.