On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 6:15 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 5/10/23 17:05, Igal Sapir wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
> >> That was a specific test case.  I have the following entry in
> >> build.properties:
> >> test.entry=org.apache.catalina.filters.TestMapperWebapps
> >>
> >> Confirmed with the following command:
> >>
> >> ❯ ant echoproperties | grep entry
> >> [echoproperties]
> test.entry=org.apache.catalina.filters.TestMapperWebapps
> >
> > Perfect. Can you try playing-around with fork="true"/"false" or some of
> > the other debug-related settings on the <junit> thing?
>
> This is very strange.
>
> I've installed the same version of the JDK (Zulu 8.60.0.21-CA-linux64)
> (build 1.8.0_322-b06) and the test passes on all three connectors for me.
>
> The indications are that it is something specific(ish?) to your
> environment but nothing obvious comes to mind.

I'm sure it's something specific to my environment, but Dimitris also wrote
above that he sees the same issue.  In any event, I don't think that this
should hold back the release.

Setting fork="no" (I didn't know about that option - thanks Chris!) reveals
more information:

❯ cat
/workspace/build/tomcat/8.5.x/build/logs/TEST-org.apache.catalina.filters.TestMapperWebapps.NIO2.txt

Testsuite: org.apache.catalina.filters.TestMapperWebapps
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec

       Caused an ERROR
org.apache.catalina.filters.TestMapperWebapps
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.filters.TestMapperWebapps
       at org.jacoco.ant.CoverageTask.execute(CoverageTask.java:105)
       at java.util.Vector.forEach(Vector.java:1277)

So the class is searched for in the wrong package?  The output is looking
in o.a.c.filters, but TestMapperWebapps is in o.a.c.mapper <confused/>

Maybe you can make sense out of it.

Best,

Igal