All,

The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.9 release is now available for
voting.

The notable changes compared to 10.1.8 are:

- Many improvements to the JSON access log valve.

- Deprecate support for the HTTP Connector settings rejectIllegalHeader
   and allowHostHeaderMismatch and reject HTTP headers without names.

- Add a RateLimitFilter which can be used to mitigate DoS and Brute
   Force attacks.

For full details, see the change log:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html

Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10 without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the webapps directory.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.9/

The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1435

The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.9
5d45c1a9359c2298d7140c1ca90cb8c43809a168

The proposed 10.1.9 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 10.1.9

Running checkstyle gives me an error something like "cannot create Module Root". I don't have the exact error message, since I just disabled checkstyle and re-ran the build.

Anyone ever seen that before?

In other checkstyle news, the version of checkstyle used for 8.5.x is too recent for Java 1.8 to run. I think I reported that in the past and the consensus was that "RMs should be using Java 11 or later so that's fine." I'm reporting that just in case I didn't do so before.

-chris