Hi,

After looking at BZ 66513, reading things online, the javadoc with its
heavy handed usage warnings, code of PersistentValve and tracing back
all the calls in the PersistentManager itself, my conclusion is that
the functionality provided by that valve is probably not doable
without significant compromises that would likely break most of its
usefulness. This seems to be a core design issue basically, or at
least this is a far more complex problem than what can be achieved
using a quick hack.

As a result, I would be inclined to propose dropping PersistentValve
in Tomcat 11, and deprecating it in the other branches.

Comments ?

Rémy