Mark,

Thanks for RMing

On 5/30/23 16:58, Mark Thomas wrote:
The key differences of version 2.0.4 compared to 2.0.3 are:

- The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
   3.0.9 and APR 1.7.4

The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x but can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native connector is not used.

The proposed release artifacts can be found at [1],
and the build was done using tag [2].

The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.4 release is
  [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
  [ ] Broken because of ...

+1 for stable release.

Understanding that the only change was the new Windows statically-linked binaries... the native code builds with some deprecation warnings and Java unit tests pass on x86-84 MacOS using clang 12.0.5.

Should we try to clean-up those deprecation warnings? I know it's probably another few miles of #IFDEFs...

Some notes:

1. Tomcat builds automatically download dependencies, while the Java tests require a separate "ant download". I think the tcnative build should also have the automatic dependency download that the Tomcat build does.

2. There is a native "check" target in the Makefile which fails because the "test" directory does not exist. Creating that directory and re-running "make check" fails because "check" isn't found as a make target (which is a little weird). What are the expectations here?

-chris