On 05/06/2023 03:41, Han Li wrote:
Mark,
I encounter one error, as follow:

  20 Testcase: testPerformance took 11.807 sec
  21     FAILED
  22 5666
  24     at
org.apache.catalina.mapper.TestMapperPerformance.testPerformance(TestMapperPerformance.java:49)
  25     at
org.apache.catalina.mapper.TestMapperPerformance.testPerformance(TestMapperPerformance.java:32)
  26     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  27     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
  28     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

But I re-tested this entry, and it did not reproduce.

According to your comment [1], I think that need  feedback to you.

// Takes ~1s on markt's laptop. If this takes more than 5s something
// probably needs looking at. If this fails repeatedly then we may need
// to increase this limit.

ENV:
OpenJDK 17.0.2
macOS 12.3.1

NOTE: I have never encountered this problem before, the difference between this
and before is that I change the value of ‘test.threads' property from 8 to 12.
; )

Hi Han,

How many cores do you have available on that machine? If it is less than 12 you might be seeing the effects of context switching.

Looking at the date on that test and the comment, I think the laptop being referenced is a work laptop that has since been replaced. My current personal desktop and work laptop both run the whole test in under 2s if I run it single threaded.

The ~1s time refers to an individual test and there are 9 on those in the test overall so running the whole test in <2s indicates that the 5s per individual test limit should be very generous.

If the failure only happened once and you can't repeat it I think it is safe to ignore it for now. If it happens again or we see similar issues with the CI systems then we might need to look more closely.