Hi Han,

Am 24.08.23 um 04:31 schrieb Han Li:

On Aug 24, 2023, at 10:11, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de> wrote:

Am 24.08.23 um 01:31 schrieb Mark Thomas:
The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.93 release is now available for voting.
The notable changes compared to 8.5.92 are:
- If an application or library sets both a non-500 error code and the
   jakarta.servlet.error.exception</code> request attribute, use the
   provided error code during error page processing rather than assuming
   an error code of 500.
- Fix for FORM authentication open redirect - CVE-2023-41080
Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
For full details, see the changelog:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-8.5.x/docs/changelog.html
It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.93/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1454
The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.93/
9d9aea65c435a38c737c1e600e6513f9d0980cf1
The proposed 8.5.93 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.93 (stable)

Tests ongoing, but just a short note: The changelog still has the previous
version .92 above the newest section instead of .93. For me this is not a show
stopper and we can fix the online one after the release. The tags for TC 9,
10.1 and 11 do not have this problem.
Everything looks fine to me, it's the latest .93 version. Maybe it's caused by
your browser's local cache, you can try again after clearing local cache.

BUT there is a typo `rlease` in version status.

thanks for also checking. I meant the version of the changelog, that is shipped as part of the release, so the tagged one:

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/8.5.93/webapps/docs/changelog.xml

or if you prefer the one that is included in the release files we produce (source tarballs and zips etc.).

You probably looked at the one linked in the release vote mail above. That is a nightly changelog version and contains the post-release commit, which prepars for the next (upcoming) version. In this commit Mark had already fixed the wrong version number.

Best regards,

Rainer