On 2023/11/02 15:20:37 Mark Thomas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The update to BND 7.0.0 requires Java 17. Do we want to update the build
> process to use Java 17 or do we want to revert the BND update?
>
> I'm leaning towards switching to Java 17 as not updating would prevent
> any future update if required for any future bug fix.
>
> Thoughts?

Is there any substantial benefit in 7.0.0? Given that people might want to
build Tomcat 9 or 10 in an env where 17 is not available to them this is an
obstacle just for the matter of OSGi metadata.

Call me stupid, but I don't see anything here [1] substantial which makes 17
absolutely mandatory...

[1] https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/wiki/Changes-in-7.0.0