Looking at the latest version of the Jakarta EE 11 release plan, the minimum Java version has been dropped to Java 17.

https://jakartaee.github.io/platform/jakartaee11/JakartaEE11ReleasePlan

On that basis I think we have no choice but to reduce the minimum Java version for Tomcat 11 to Java 17.

I have a branch with this change already in place. If there are no objections I'll merge those changes later this week.

Mark