On May 17, 2007, at 2:41 AM, Remy Maucherat wrote:

David Jencks wrote:
As far as I know I've addressed all the issues that were raised, but that might have a tenuous relationship to whether I actually did :-). I'd certainly appreciate review by tomcat committers before I completely forget how my patch works :-)

The patch could see minor modifications when it is committed, but I am not going to ask you to do them. As for the actual commit, the problem is I don't know if it's appropriate to commit this in 6.0.x rather than in a new branch (at the moment, I would say no, as at least one project uses the API).

I tend to agree that a new branch is more appropriate. However, earlier versions of the patch had a compatibility layer so the old api could continue to work. I'm happy to add that back in on request.

thanks
david jencks

Rémy