>>> As per the previously published plan, I will create tomcat/tc6.1.x/trunk
>>> and tomcat/trunk from the 6.0.15 tag. I plan to do this sometime on
>>> Friday
>>> afternoon GMT.
>>
>> Why Friday? Shouldn't we wait until 6.0.15 (or 6.0.15 + n) is voted
>> stable?
>
> Contrawise, why wait, and why a tag?  Usually most efforts (in order to
> preserve history) branch from trunk or branches, whereas tags/* reflect
> an endpoint (end of history).  Simply branch from 6.0.x unless there are
> dirty secrets buried in there :)

Because 6.0.15 (assuming it is stable) is intended to be the end of the
6.0.x branch. It is expected that the tag 6.0.15 == 6.0.x trunk.

There was a long discussion in this thread:
http://marc.info/?t=119154952900016&r=1&w=2

which was distilled into a new proposal:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-dev&m=119170194116793&w=2

Mark