Dan Bush wrote:
> I have the need to change the name of the session cookie to something
> other than JSESSIONID. With some other containers like Weblogic it can
> be adjusted via the provider descriptor (weblogic.xml)
> [http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs100/webapp/weblogic_xml.html#wp1071982].
> Tomcat makes use of a global field value. I was wondering what the
> possibility of making the session cookie name, and the related stuff
> like the URL parameter configurable at run time. I don't think this
> would impact mod_jk because I believe that is configurable via a
> directive.

Should be quite simple. It could be made configurable per context by
setting it within the session manager. Everywhere it is used, the context
is easily accessible. (I haven't checked the url side but I expect it t be
similar).

The 3.0 servlet spec mentions this (ie Tomcat 7) but there is nothing to
stop this being added to 6.0.x

Enhancement requests should be entered in bugzilla.

Enhancement requests with patches tend to get looked at faster ;)
If you want to take a crack at this yourself, you could use this to give
you an idea of how to add the configuration.

Shout if you have any questions / need more pointers.