Rahul Saxena wrote:
> I have posted my application on the GSOC site for the project "Convert
> tomcat valves to filters" , Can anyone give their comment on the same.......

Feedback provided in the GSOC app and repeated below. Feel free to discuss your
ideas regarding these questions on the dev list.

Mark

Feedback:
Good first draft. There are a couple of areas where I would like to see a little
more information:

   1. There are many more valves than the 6 you listed.
   2. The filter requires a ServletContext at initialisation. How might you
handle this for a filter defined at the Engine/Host level?
   3. Authentication will require access to Tomcat internals. Is a filter the
right solution for these valves? What might a better approach be? What about JSR
196?