On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Rahul Saxena <
rahul.saxena.cs...@itbhu.ac.in> wrote:

> As you said "An alternative would be to just define a small interface that
> allows the filter to populate" ,does that mean defining an interface in the
> default context for that host , and the filter can be instantiated using
> servlet context for this default web app(context) and then allow users to
> explicitely define how and where to map these filters........Can't we make
> any arrangement so that the filter could work for all contexts in this
> particular host by default ??

Sure - there are ways to do this, my point is that this is a secondary issue
(IMO).
You could write a FilterToValve bridge for example, and any Filter could be
used
instead of a Valve using current config. Redefining how things are
configured
can be an interesting project, but it's a different one.

Costin