Two Scenarios of thread per request :-
1- if the request send  directly to server without filter:-
When a connection is idle between requests, the thread can be recycled, and the
connection is
                        placed in a centralized NIO select set to detect new
requests without consuming a separate thread.

2- if the request chain to filter :-
when a connection is idle between requests , the thread is still allocated to
the particular request since the servlet 3.0 specification says :"A Filter and
the target servlet or resource at the end of the filter chain must execute in
the same invocation thread"
It is look like thread per connection.

 if that is false
what do you understand from this sentence :"A Filter and the target servlet or
resource at the end of the filter chain must execute in the same invocation
thread" ??

I wrote proposal for the second project "improve the JMX  support within Apache
Tomcat"
i'm waiting for your feedback
and i need your advice about which project i have to put my focus because i'm
student and the time is valuable
Anas

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet
Explorer 8.