Josh Gooding wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know what I can do to help the tomcat project, whether it be
> coding or debugging.  Where can I go to check out the subversion code and
> where is a list of enhancements and bugs that I can take a look at?  I am a
> Sr. Java Dev. at Newbold Technologies and would really like to help out
> after hours.  Please let me know what I can do to help you out.  Thank you.

Great. Thanks for volunteering.

The svn repos are described here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html

I'd focus on trunk and tc6.0.x for now. 4.1.x will be archived soon and
when that happens I plan to make the 5.5.x structure easier to work with.

Open bugs are reported to the mailing list every week, or you can search
bugzilla.
http://markmail.org/message/epm6vc5i4cwnoide
http://markmail.org/message/ivnqj4gspl46b2i4
http://tomcat.apache.org/bugreport.html

Take a look at the open bugs for Tomcat 5 and 6. Find one you think is
interesting and that hasn't got a patch yet. Regardless of the version
it is reported against, I'd check it against trunk first. I'd strongly
suggest creating a simple test case for the bug if it doesn't have one.
It makes it much easier for other people to review your fix.

If you get stuck or just want to check you are heading in the right
direction, drop an e-mail to the dev list.

Welcome aboard.