2009/7/17  <rj...@apache.org>:
> Author: rjung
> Date: Fri Jul 17 08:40:49 2009
> New Revision: 795010

> Log:
> Vote.
>
> Modified:
>    tomcat/current/tc5.5.x/STATUS.txt
>
>   Ported from 6.0 (mainly from Mladen's rev.791699)
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kkolinko/patches/2009-07-17_tc55_native_install_791699.patch
> -  +1: kkolinko
> +  +1: kkolinko, rjung
>   -1:
> +  rjung: Please change all occurences of "i64" to "ia64". AFAIK ia64 is the
> official notation.

Thank you for the vote.

I do not plan changing the name. We already voted for these names when
the patch was proposed for TC 6.0 (committed in rev.791699), and some
discussion was before that.

The only place where the name is important is this line in tomcat.nsi:
+  StrCmp $0 "IA64" 0 +3

It is also present as a subdirectory of /bin in the *.zip and *.tgz
distributives.

If we backport the second part of rev.791699 - the separate zips for
different windows CPU architectures, there wouldn't be such
subdirectories, but "i64" will be in the name of the archive. That
name will be easier to fix.   I plan to prepare the backport and
propose it once this patch is applied. I think that will be in 4
hours. We better come to some decision before that.

I understand, that we have 9 hours left before the "12 pm MST"
deadline that Filip stated.

> +         Please only commit for 5.5.28 if you find time to test before Filip
> tags later today.

I already tested it on my 32-bit WinXP system, and it builds, installs
and runs OK.

I plan to also test it on Vista 64-bit (x86-64), but I have yet to
reach that place.

I do not have an IA64 system.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko