Mark,

I've verified that your fix in rev 890479 works great for this.
Many thanks for fixing it so quickly!

david jencks

On Dec 14, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:

On 14/12/2009 03:58, David Jencks wrote:
I can verify by experiment that the 2nd solution fixes the problem with
jspC.  I agree that there's a strong case to be made for moving
DefaultJarScanner to org.apache.tomcat but doing so introduces a lot of
dependencies from that package to

org.apache.tomcat.util.res.StringManager
org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory
org.apache.catalina.startup.Constants

I could resolve these but the results would probably not be consistent with whatever policy tomcat has on dependencies. However if this would
be helpful I'll be happy to supply a patch.

I'm in the middle of fixing this now. I'm going with option 2 since when
I looked into the refactoring for option 1 last night there is more
required than I really want to do at this stage of Tomcat 7 development.