On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we goes back to the original thread and using Hyperic stuff in a
> servlet filter or whatever Tomcat extension ?

Absolutely - a filter would be perfect and will work with any servlet
engine.
There are some problems with making sure this doesn't leak out - i.e.
an X-header inserted by mod_proxy and make sure it filters X-headers
from the response.

> Could it be usefull for jk, mod_proxy, mod_cluster ?
>
> Or a specific servlet should/could be provided for such collect
> purpose and it Will be called by remote at it's own rate ?

That would work too, even better - a status servlet, which may provide
additional data, like number of sessions, java memory, etc. Don't we have
one already - dumping all jmx data ? Probably need to output data
in an easier to parse format, and I guess mod_proxy configuration would
be a bit tricky if you want to use multiple variables, but doable.

Costin