On 11.04.2011 11:34, Mladen Turk wrote:
On 04/11/2011 09:00 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2011/4/11 Mladen Turk<mt...@apache.org>:
Hi,

I plan to create a
sandbox/connectors/native/iis7
for a native IIS7 C++ connector
(since Microsoft deprecated ISAPI)

Any objections?

I do not mind.

Though
1) Do you need those immediate levels? Will there be anything in them?

Yes. Java part of the connector.
IIS7 offers much more then just passing http requests.

I guess the code will go into
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/jk/trunk/native/iis7/
when it becomes mature?

Not sure. Httpd has mod_proxy_http/mod_proxy_ajp.
Having a full (without normalizing functionality) IIS
connector would cover MS world. Other servers are
irrelevant IMHO (we only had former SunOne supported
which is now named Oracle something ...)

IMHO mod_jk has reached state where any further
functionality improvement is limited by the protocol,
and since there is no desire/need to invent a new protocol,
and since initial mod_jk premise (runs in any web server) makes
no sense in today's real world, mixing that with jk
connectors makes no sense as well.

Idea is to make a simple and robust connector that
will work well inside IIS7 and allow .NET interoperability,
working both standalone and probably inside
Windows Azure.

+1, but maybe as Konstantin noted just a simple top-level sandbox name like iis7 or connector-iis7 is enough. You can create any needed structure underneath. I think there's no real need to group sandboxes.

Regards,

Rainer