Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple resource for my web-app. My web-app has to
connect to a ldap server to maintain users. I have created a context.xml in
my META-INF folder - with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/LDAP">
        <Resource name="blah"
                        auth="Container"
                        type="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx"
                        factory="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"

java.naming.factory.initial="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
                        com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool="true"

java.naming.provider.url="ldap://192.168.7.1:389/dc=blah,dc=com";
                        java.naming.security.authentication="simple"
                        java.naming.security.principal="cn=blah"
                        java.naming.security.credentials="blahblah"/>

</Context>

But when I try to access my resource with the following code:

                Context newCtx = null;
                try {
                        newCtx = new InitialContext();
                } catch (NamingException e) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }

                try {
                        DirContext ctx = (DirContext) newCtx.lookup("blah");
                        if (ctx != null){
                                System.out.println ("Success");
                        } else {
                                System.out.println ("False");
                        }

it excepts with the following error:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name blah is not bound in this Context

I must be missing something essential - or doing something obviously wrong.
But I seem not to be able to crack the nut myself. All help or input is much
appreciated.

NOTE: I have also tried to move the Resource config to
CATALINA/conf/server.xml as a GlobalNamingResource with no luck. The classes
in play obviously is in my CLASSPATH since they are part of my JDK/JRE
(rt.jar). I'm using windows 7 with tomcat 7.0.12 and java 1.6.0.24.

Brgds

/Poul