On 06.05.2011 17:37, Mark Thomas wrote:
The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.13 release is now available for voting.

It can be obtained from:
http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/tomcat-7/v7.0.13/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_13/

The proposed 7.0.13 release is:

[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 7.0.13 Alpha
[ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 7.0.13 Beta
[X] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.13 Stable

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src consistent with svn tag
  Minor point: suffix .pl was missing from text.files,
  so the new mime types perl script checked in by me a few days ago
  has wrong line ends in the src tarballs.
  Not a show stopper, fixed in r1100522.
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- no checkstyle complaints
- no Javadoc errors
- Unit tests run OK for BIO, NIO and APR
  0ne failure for APR, not a regression.
- *not* tested with TCK (I need to automate TCK testing)

Build and tests were done using Java 1.6.0_24, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc.

Concerning the APR failure: it is the same as for 7.0.12. Details from my 7.0.12 mail:

It seems when using APR the connector binds to IPV6 and the Java based ServerSocket used to test whether the port is still taken binds to IPV4 - at least on my Solaris 10 Sparc System.

So indeed both can bind at the same time, even when I do not stop the connector at all.

To make the test valid I guess it had to bind to the socket using the same API as the connector (e.g. using the APR libs in the APR test case). If I try that, e.g. copying Socket setup from APREndpoint to the test class instead of using plain Java ServerSocket and bind to "::", then the test passes. Again, binding using the APR code to 0.0.0.0 the test fails, i.e. binding suceeds.

The test works for the other two connectors and I could also verify that there was still a listen in netstat after stopping the connector in the case where an additional bind should have thrown an exception. So behaviour of the new config attribute bindOnInit seems OK.

Regards,

Rainer