On 15.06.2011 14:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 15/06/2011 13:29, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> The failure happened in
>>   [junit] Test org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl FAILED
>>
>> when running with NIO. Running the same test with BIO was OK. The log
>> file from the test is [1].
>>
>> [1]:
>> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/tomcat-trunk/tomcat-trunk-test/gump_file/TEST-org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl.NIO.txt.html
>>
>> The failure there:
>>
>> Testcase: testListeners took 6.23 sec
>>      FAILED
>> Uri: /stage1, Status: 200, Time: 4999
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Uri: /stage1, Status: 200, Time: 4999
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl.validateAccessLog(TestAsyncContextImpl.java:1052)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl.testListeners(TestAsyncContextImpl.java:628)
>
> Looks like a timing issue with the AccessLog tests. These work for me
> when running locally. I'm tempted to leave the timings as is for now and
> see if we get regular failures. If we do, we can increase the margins.

So at least it is not only me with my exotic systems seeing a few test
failures every now and then.

I noticed a similar failure when testing 7.0.14:

> Testcase: testAsyncStartNoComplete took 4.289 sec
> »·······FAILED
> Uri: /, Status: 200, Time: 998
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Uri: /, Status: 200, Time: 998

org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl.validateAccessLog(TestAsyncContextImpl.java:1049)

org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl.testAsyncStartNoComplete(TestAsyncContextImpl.java:162)

It turned out, the expectation was a request duration of 1000ms, and the
access log contained a duration of 998ms.

It only happens spordically for me, I neither oberved it during 7.0.15
tests, nor for 7.0.16.

Regards,

Rainer