On 06/20/2011 01:39 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
Since Mladens change r918873 in March 2010 we use eval instead of exec
in the shell scripts. The svn log says:

"Use eval instead direct call or exec command so that arguments with
spaces are properly handled"

Mladen or whoever else understood this: can you give an example which
didn't work with the exec based scripts?

eg.
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS \"-XX:OnError=gdb - %p\""

... and
We eval for start/stop so we can get the pid.
since eval and exec behave differently when handling quoted args
this was giving different results on catalina.sh run/start

Regards
--
^TM